Monday, July 28, 2008

What are we gonna do?

So we decided to name her Zoey! And as of now we aren't to sure whether we are keeping her or not. Tyson thinks we could give her a better home if we give her away, and I agree but I don't want to give her to someone else because I love her. So by the end of today we are going to decide whether to keep her or not! This morning She woke up at 3:30 so I took her out to go potty and she went, as soon as she was done she ran back up the stairs and into the apartment, she started playing with her toys so I left her alone, then she came back into our room and climbed on top of Tyson's shoes (she has claimed them as her own) and went to sleep. When Tyson got up this morning he found that she had pooped right by our bedroom door, he was so mad, so as discipline she was locked in her cage on the balcony for like 15 minutes. Now today she is going to sit at my parents outside all by herself (well my parents dog Sadie will take care of her) so that she can learn to be away from us humans!! I really don't want to get rid of her, I think with a little patience and hard work she will be the best dog in the world!!

3 comments:

Summer

As the proud former owner of two rabbits, two kittens, a guinea pig, and a hedgehog, I think I can say I'm not a pet-hater. So I hope you don't think I'm biased against keeping your doggy.

Maybe there are a few things you should keep in mind when you decide.

When you add up the 50+ dollars a month and think that five years from now that could buy you a decent used car...

Wasn't looking for housing hard enough without having an animal factored into the equation?

It takes at least 9 months before we add babies to our marriages. Is adding a little life this soon going to put a strain on you guys?

How is this dog going to fit in when you are trying to deal with a new baby? Is she going to be a well-behaved dog with plenty of training? Or is she going to be even more neglected because she doesn't know how to behave and has to be locked away during feedings and times when baby is out?

Wouldn't a pet be more enjoyable if you wait 'til your kids are begging for one? ;-)

Good luck deciding- I know it's tough when you're dying to snuggle a wiggly ball of fluff. But if you love her, you'll do what's best for her. (Who knows- maybe you are up to it, and you are the ones who could give her the best life!)

The Starks

I think you should keep her! I think its a good learning experience for both of you!

The Garber Family

My girls would be heartbroken, too. But you guys gotta do what's best for you!