Monday, August 25, 2008

Grateful!

I've just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl, it's a good book and based on true events, told from the point of view of Mary Boleyn. Mary was forced to do a lot of things that she did not want to do, because back then you couldn't disobey your family, she was married at 13, taken from her husband at 14 and made King Henry's mistress, after a few years of that she was replaced by her rival sister Anne and was able to go back to her husband. Mary had conceived twice and had a daughter and a son, both belonging to the King, she was just starting to fall in love with her husband when he got the plague and died, she was forced to go back to the court and help her sister rise to the power of the queen, she was forced to betray Queen Katharine whom she loved and then had to step aside as her sister forcefully adopted her son and then became queen. It is a good book but it has a lot of sexual content in it, I didn't realize that it was an actual true story till the end of the book, it's basically about 'The Great Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn' told from Mary's point of view! It made me realize how lucky I am to have a family who respects me, who wouldn't force me to do anything, and most of all to have a husband that i could marry because i love him, I'm grateful that he loves me and respects all of my decisions and he never disrespects me in any way! I'm so happy that woman actually have choices in this time of life and that we noticed as equal to the men!

2 comments:

The Garber Family

I've heard that's a very interesting book. Did you see the movie? I'm needing some good books right now...

Summer

This has been on my "to read" list ever since my friend said it was one of her favorites. Now I'm just going to have to bump it up to the top- you made it sound so interesting. Wow- what a crazy life she led.